The first thing that I do is pick a word for the upcoming year. I reflect upon what it is that I want to focus on improving over the next 12 months and then I choose a word that embodies that focus so that I can keep myself constantly reminded of my goal for the year. For 2017, it was "soar". I have panic and anxiety disorders that make it hard for me to do a whole lot outside of the home on my own. I tend to just float through life without really pushing any boundaries as far as my anxiety and comfort levels, so during the year I wanted to focus more on soaring above the mundane everyday that my life had become. I still have some work to do in this area, and I have some set backs towards the end of this year, but I do feel as if I have improved a bit and I have kept this word on my mind to remind me to at least try to be better.
* Spend more time in the moment
* Have mommy dates with Dylan once a month
* Build a more structured environment in our home to help it run more efficiently. Lay out expectations and rewards better for Dylan (and the husband, let's face it he's a man child sometimes lol)
* Focus on building up friendships
* Work on getting into a reasonable fitness regime that includes the husband and Dylan (workout time as a family)
Do you have a word of the year or a great resolution to share? Drop it in the comments below, I'd love to read them and see where everyone else is focusing for the coming year. Have a safe holiday weekend and a Happy New Year. See you in 2018!